We’ve talked about optimizing your website and different methods you can make sure your site loads faster, is better visible and accessible by users and so on. After building your website it’s always time for optimizing and of course it is important to test the final outcome. There are a few web applications that does this for you and for free.
- Google PageSpeed Insight: PageSpeed Insights analyzes the content of a web page, then generates suggestions to make that page faster.
- Pingdom Website Speed Test: Website Speed Test allows you analyze the load speed of your websites, and learn how to make them faster. It lets you identify what about a web page is fast, slow, too big, what best practices you’re not following, and so on. All tests are done with real web browsers, so the results match the end-user experience exactly. We use a bunch of instances of Google’s Chrome web browser to load websites, record performance data, and so on. Tests are done from dedicated Pingdom servers.
- WebPageTest: Run a free website speed test from multiple locations around the globe using real browsers (IE and Chrome) and at real consumer connection speeds. You can run simple tests or perform advanced testing including multi-step transactions, video capture, content blocking and much more. Your results will provide rich diagnostic information including resource loading waterfall charts, Page Speed optimization checks and suggestions for improvements.
- GTMetrix: Gives you insight on how well your site loads and provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize it.12 servers in 7 different areas globally gives you a wide geographic reach for analyzing your sites.
- Monitis Pageload: Monitis full page load is a free tool that allows to test website speed from multiple locations around the globe and get a complete analysis of load time of all elements of the web page.
- Uptrends Website Speed: With the Free Uptrends Website Speed Test, you can put the performance of any webpage to the test.Simply enter a website URL, select any 1 of our 35* available global checkpoints, and hit ‘Start.’
- Yslow: YSlow is a free plugin for your browser that can check the performance of any web page you visit.
- Sucuri Load Time Faster: This test measures how long it takes to connect to your site and for one page to fully load. A very important value to pay attention is the “time to first byte”, which gives us how long it took for the content to be sent back to browser to start processing the page.
Get suggestions on how to improve your website’s overall speed and performance. Remember that speed is important but not the most important factor in ranking. Improve your SEO rankings after increasing your page load speeds. Decrease your bounce rate and increase your page views after increasing your page load speeds.